Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Results: Subtly Subversive Campaign

Well, the Olympics are finally over and we can all go back to our normal routines. And thank goodness - I'm not sure my heart and my nerves could have handled much more. Especially when it came to Canada's hockey games.

Before the Olympics, Bristol Ivy placed a call out to designers to see if anyone was interested in joining her in a campaign to raise funds for LGBTQ organizations during the Sochi Olympics, in response to Russia's anti-gay policies. And the designers responded.

So did knitters. I received many kind emails of support from fellow knitters, which was very heart-warming. I donated 75% of pattern sales on the Opening and Closing Ceremony days and 25% of sales on the days in between.

I'm proud to say that this morning, I donated a total of $280 Cdn to Egale.ca. It's not much on my own, but there are several other Canadian designers donating to Egale, so I'm hoping that  together we can make a difference. Donating to Egale are: Kate Atherley , Kim McBrien Evans of Indigodragonfly yarns, Natalie Servant, Kylie McDonnell-Wade,  Katherine Matthews, Lynne Sosnowski, Kathleen Sperling, and Christina Harris.

Bristol Ivy will be sharing results from designers on her blog shortly and I can't wait to see the final tally.

As for me, I felt pretty proud when I submitted my our donation this morning. And really, it was made possible by you lovely folks who generously bought patterns, either for yourselves or gifted them to others.

Thank you!



No comments :

Post a Comment