Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ravelry - New Share Feature

Ravelry is already one of the best designed applications I've ever seen (and I've worked in the software business for 15 years). But Casey, the master coder, continues to add amazing new features.

The other day Ravelry debuted a new "Share This" feature, which is available from the pattern pages (not individual project pages). This new feature allows you to share a pattern via several different social media.

Simply click the share this link (highlighted in red below) and a pop up menu will appear with your sharing options.

You can send a Ravelry private message (PM) to a fellow Raveler, share on Facebook, Twitter or pin a pattern to Pinterest. I absolutely love this feature! 
                                                                               
There's been so many times I've wanted to show a pattern to a friend because I know they'll love it. So I've either had to copy and paste the URL in a PM, or add it to my faves so they'll see it. This way, I can just PM it to them directly. And I can easily pin inspirational patterns to my Pinterest boards for later. No more muddling up my favorites or queue with stuff I want to remember but not necessarily knit.
What a great way to spread the word about patterns you love!

PS. The pattern in the pictures? My latest pattern, which is exclusive to members of the Tripping Yarn Balls yarn club for 2014. It won't be available to the general public until Jan 2015.


No comments :

Post a Comment