Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Toe up or Cuff down?

How do you like your socks? Knit from the cuff down or from the toe up?

Personally, I'm most comfortable with cuff down. I've memorized the heel flap and heel turn instructions and can knit happily along without instructions. For some reason, toe up has never 'clicked' for me.

But I know there's a lot of people who love the toe up method. It's the perfect way to get the absolute most out of your yarn. You can divide your skein of sock yarn into two and then just knit each sock until the yarn runs out.

So, I'm embarking on a quest to deliver toe up versions of my designs - at least the ones which have stitch patterns which can be easily converted to toe up, which is most of them.

As each toe up design is ready (after testing and editing), I'll be updating the existing pattern listing in Ravelry, Patternfish and Craftsy. The toe up version will be a separate PDF. Anyone who has purchased a cuff down copy of a pattern will automatically receive the toe up update!

And going forward, I'll try to have toe up versions of designs available at the same time as the cuff down versions.

So cuff down or toe up, I'll have your sock needs covered.

No comments :

Post a Comment