Monday, October 15, 2012

Murphy's Law

Just a quick post this morning; I haven't had enough caffeine for more.

After going to bed early last night, I awoke at 4am unable to sleep any longer. In a rare burst of energy I decided to head into work, taking advantage of the early hour to avoid rush hour. Plus, I thought, I can do an hour of knitting at work before starting my day.

Fast forward to 6am in the office. I pulled out the bag containing my sock project and settled in, only to find: one of my DPNs was missing. This wouldn't have been an issue if I was knitting with 5 DPNs (double pointed needles), but I knit with 4, so loosing one needle reduces me to an impossible 3 needles.

So here I am, in the office alone, at 6:30am with no knitting and little motivation to begin the work portion of my day.

Thanks Murphy!

PS. Yes, I am trying to knit with only 3 needles. I'll start working at 7:00.

No comments :

Post a Comment