Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm baaaaack!

I don't know why I've let this blog languish for so long. Perhaps because I've found a cadre of fibery friends in real life with whom I've shared my adventures. But I keep hearing that I should be blogging about my fibery adventures, so here I am.

A lot has happened since my last blog posts. I've certainly expanded my repertoire, adding in spinning, sewing and now cross-stitch.

With an expanded repertoire comes more "toys". When I began spinning, I learned on drop spindle. Which quickly prompted me to buy a couple Golding spindles - the Rolls Royce of drop spindles. Drop spindling quickly because too slow for me. Next in my sights was a spinning wheel. But I'll save that story for another time.

I've also noticed a natural progression in my skills, as evidenced by my ability to spot and fix errors as I knit - key for any knitter. Another evolution in the past year has seen me venturing into test knitting for designers on Ravelry. I'll share some of my test knit designs and designers in subsequent posts.

I'm off to Rhinebeck in a few weeks - the NY Sheep and Wool Festival. So there will be many more tales to tell!

See you soon.

1 comment :